Thursday, February 4, 2010

Chris's graduation and engagement


Chris graduated from college again with his bachelor's degree in October. This time it is a Bachelor of Science for Technical Engineering. Anyway we were waiting for them to mail his diploma to him before we celebrated. They wouldn't give it until everything was paid. (His employer helped pay for his degree). Mom and Dad received it at there house so we gave him a surprise party and he didn't even know that he had his diploma yet.

It was fun. We made him wear his old cap and gown from high school and Dad presented the diploma. He also got some gift cards and a frame for the diploma. I think he appreciated it. It was also sort of a double celebration because he finally asked Rachel to marry him. He waited for their two year anniversary to propose. I guess he was pretty nervous but made it pretty romantic. Rachel was surprised he was nervous because it wasn't like she was going to say no. They are tentatively setting the date for August 28th. We'll see though because they haven't decided where they are having it yet so the date may change. I wasn't sure about their relationship at first but she has really changed and I think they will be happy together.

As for the latest on Scott, he is still having issues. I swear the doctor is just trying to milk the insurance. Anyway they are finally going to blast the kidney stone next week and if all goes well he can get the stint they put in over a month ago out a week after they blast it. Hopefully that will be the end to all of the major problems and things will go smoother. I am not sure how much more I can take. Scott can't even really try to get work because he is on pain pills all the time. We have been looking but there is just not a lot of options out there right now. Please keep praying because we need all the help we can get.

3 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

What and WHAT?!?! I didn't know Chris earned another degree, and I didn't know he was engaged! Holy cow! Congratulations to him, big time. His surprise party sounds awesome. I love that he dressed in his old cap and gown. Your family throws the best parties.

I sure hope Scott can get some relief soon. The pain must be horrible...I have a good friend who has had kidney stones and she said giving birth to 5 kids was easier. I know the economy is not the best but I hope Scott can find work soon.

Thanks for the updates and the pictures from Christmas. It is so nice to connect with you through your blog!

Mopsie said...

Ditto! I didn't know he had graduated, either. (I'm going to have to have a talk with your Mom.) Thank goodness for your blog!
I hope he and Rachel are happy.

I have friends with horror stories about kidney stones, too, but I won't tell them now. I'll wait till Scott's done with it and has some perspective! At least they are finally taking some action.

You are in my prayers. Hope something turns up soon.
Love you all.

brooklyn said...

congrats to chris! we'll keep scott in our prayers!

btw--we privatized our blog. send any email addresses you want to be able use to access it to brooklyn dot cook at hotmail.