Saturday, July 21, 2012

Brandon's birthday

Supposed to be a mountain rescue scene

 
Brandon's already ten. He was so excited, I think he started counting down after Jessie's.  He is a little torn about being ten. In some ways he feels "grown up" but in others he still wants to be a little kid. Sometimes I look at him when he comes in the room and expect to see this little boy and am surprised.  He had a great birthday. This year he wanted practically everything emergency oriented. His cake he wanted emt/rescue since he had fire the last few cakes. It is supposed to be a mountain rescue but the frosting was melting because it was so hot. Not one of my better ones. He got lots of cool toys. I asked him if there was anything he didn't get that he wanted to spend his birthday money on and he said " I don't know what didn't I get that I said I wanted?" I figure that if he doesn't know then he must have gotten everything. Scott bought him a child size fire pack because he was feeling guilty about missing his birthday and then Scott was home after all. Scott's family came out Sat afternoon and gave him their birthday presents.  We went to the mountains on Sunday for his actual birthday. It was the first time both dogs have ever been so they were pretty excited too. It was fairly cool up there and not a lot of people so it was nice. The only downfall was there was a huge party at the park so they couldn't play there which Jessie was pretty disappointed about. Brandon said it was the best birthday ever.



fire station for matchbox cars
the big rock at Rye
dogs exploring the water
kids playing in the water

No comments: