Monday, April 22, 2013

I was having a not great few weeks. Things keep breaking, we keep having unexpected things come up that we have to purchase and with school coming to a close in the next month it will not get any better. I am taking the work keys test on Thursday so I can look into possible jobs hopefully with dist 70 so I would still be home with the kids for the most part. I had been feeling sorry for myself that things just aren't going easy for us. Then I got word that a friend from school whose husband has been fighting cancer died on Saturday.  They have three kids, one in fifth grade, one in first, and one in kindergarten. I think about how they won't get to experience life with their dad and he won't get to see them grow up. It was even harder for them because they thought he was doing pretty good and went to Denver for a checkup and he was admitted and never came home. It makes me remember that my financial problems are nothing compared to that. We may not have a lot of money and it can get stressful at times but at least we have our health and each other. I think sometimes I take my family for granted that they will always be there, and I for them but then something like this happens and makes you realize that any one of us could be taken any time and maybe without warning. So hug your family and tell them you love them and appreciate that they are there to drive you crazy.

No comments: