Monday, July 22, 2013

recycled dollhouse


This was my dollhouse that was made for me when I was about 6 years old. Jessie wanted it but it was starting to fall apart so we decided to make her one for Christmas. We made it big that way when she grows out of it she can turn it into a bookshelf or something. We took parts off the old one and put them on hers so she would have a part of mine.

While we were making Jessie's, Brandon said he would like the rest of the dollhouse to be made into a fire station for him. For his birthday we gave him his fire station. (more about his birthday later) We had to redo the top of the dollhouse because we couldn't put a landing pad on the old roof. Dad got really into it and kept wanting to add stuff but we ran out of time. I made a CWFS plaque for the outside and a fire painting on the inside and Chris and Dad are going to make furniture for Christmas to go into it.

So now my dollhouse is completely gone but lives on with the kids hopefully for many years to come. I hope they have as much fun with theirs as I did and appreciate the work that went into making them

1 comment:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Holy moly, those are some of the coolest things I've seen in a long time! Love the dollhouse and the fire station both. So cool that they came from something special that was made for you long ago. You and your creative team are super talented.