Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Brandon had his appointment with the surgeon yesterday and he said it was an epigastric hernia. The muscles never closed up completely allowing some fat to get pushed through which is the lump we can see. It must be the only fat in his body because I sure can't find any anywhere else. The good news is that it is unlikely to cause any serious medical problems but it can be painful and they want to do surgery but I don't know when exactly. Probably in the next month or two. They said it was better to do it while he is young and recovers quickly. Brandon was funny though before we left to go to Springs. Mom was babysitting Jessie at our house and Brandon acted like she never been there before. He was showing her where everything was and telling her how to do everything like how to open the door if the dogs wanted out. He showed her the fridge and told her what snacks Jessie liked and where her juice was. Right before we left he showed her the keys to the firetruck in case they wanted to go for a spin and then thanked mom for watching his little sister. It was funny.
Scott's test result came back normal except for a lot of acid and now they want to do a scope. I don't know when he will get around to doing that. I think it is just stress and he hasn't been feeling like working out or anything lately and that doesn't help. At the end of the day Brandon tells me that this was the best day. I was thinking yeah I love driving for two hours for a fifteen minute visit, told that my son has to have surgery, Scott needs more tests to find out what is wrong yeah right this was a great day. We have a meeting set up on Wednesday with several potential investors to hopefully invest in the business so hopefully that will go good. Mom is feeling more positive so that helps. I never realized how much I count on her to help me stay a little more positive. She is on vacation this week which helps break up the monotony too. Prayers are welcome.

No comments: