Tuesday, August 4, 2009

When it rains it pours

Last year wasn't our greatest year in terms of finances because Scott didn't get much work. I thought 2009 was going to be better, I was wrong it just keeps going downhill. Not only has our financial situation not improved any, but there must be some life law that when you are down and out everything must break. Our car has just broken down for the third time this year. I am not talking small things, I am talking the cheapest time was $300 to $800. Luckily we do have a back up car that so far is behaving itself. Scott is having to have tests done to see why his GERD is back. He had surgery years ago that was supposed to take care of it, but now he having problems again. We are waiting to find out the results of his upper GI and see where we go from there. Our insurance isn't the greatest so there are our of pocket expenses. Then I took Brandon to the doctor for his regular checkup and the doctor decided that the small lump he has had on stomach since he was like two, that she always told me was a blood vessel and would eventually disappear, decided that maybe is a ventral ulcer and he needs to see a pediatric surgeon which of course are none in Pueblo so we have to go to Springs for. Just what he needs to do right before he starts first grade and is in school all day for the first time. He will not do well if they decide he needs surgery so I am praying that something will go right and they can take care of it right there or decide that it is nothing to worry about. Brandon goes to the dentist next week along with the appointment with the surgeon and I am dreading what may come up then. The only saving grace is so far Jessie seems to be perfectly fine except that she has decided to quit sleeping at night again which she was barely sleeping in the first place which means no sleep for me either. I am really trying to remember that things could be worse and focus on the good things. Every day I wonder what is going to happen today. If my family is being tested on our faith then I am afraid we are failing. Even mom who usually is the one who holds us all together and keeps the faith when we all slip, is having trouble staying positive. I am not sure what to do any more.

2 comments:

Rebecca and Co. said...

Oh my goodness, you're right, you have a lot going on. You know what they say, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I wish I could be there to help. Keep the faith, keep praying, and eventually the storm will pass. It could take a while, but things will get back to normal one day.

Remember, a diamond was once a lump of coal that made good under pressure. With all you have going on, you are surely a diamond in the making!

Love ya, Jen. Keep us posted.

Mopsie said...

Yikes. I'll send you an email. Chin up!