Friday, September 13, 2013

Brandon

So Brandon decided that he wanted to try out for a speaking part in the 5th grade Scrooge play. He also wanted to try for student council president. I was worried about him not getting the president because he is not a straight A student and not the most popular kid in his class. Not that he doesn't have his share of friends and the teachers love him but you know what I mean. Any way we had to make posters for him and he had to write a speech and say it in front of the 3-5 grades. Here was his speech. Good morning students and staff. My name is Brandon Atterberry and I am in Mrs. Hanratty’s class. Some things you might not know about me is that I really love to learn and try new things. I have always wanted to help people. I want to be a firefighter when I grow up and I love animals and want to open a shelter someday. I am determined and hard working. I am a great listener which will benefit me in the president’s position. As someone who has struggled with school and dealt with teasing I know what it is like and want to help fellow students make sure that no one is left out. I want to promote recycling and picking up trash. I will do my best to make sure that your voices are heard and I am open to ideas. I want to make sure that the school continues to be a great place to learn and have fun. Thank you

He didn't get it but I am so proud of him for even trying. He did however get the part of Marley in the Scrooge play. That is something I never thought he would do either. He also volunteered to help with props once his part is finished. I never could have got up the nerve to do that so I am so proud of him for putting himself out there.

No comments: